Wednesday, February 14, 2024

See That Look...?


 I work at home, something millions of people now do and something I love. Being home means that there's always someone home with the pets. Of course, I don't spend all day with the dog--he's usually lounging on his doggy bed--but it's nice to be home so an animal is not alone for long stretches at a time.

I have a son that also works at home. He's a graphic designer and video game creator. Our dog has been lucky to have someone almost his entire live.

Once in a while, though, the pet's owner needs to leave.

And when that happens, the dog knows he's gone.

Yesterday, my son had errands to run so he left. Even though I was home, the dog was sad. That sad dog wondered into my office looking for a little attention. I snapped a picture of him as he sat and looked at me. 

I wished I could take the rest of the day off work, or at least, take time off until my son returned. I'd play with the puppy, go outside and get some fresh air into my lungs. But, I couldn't. He was telling me with his eyes what he wanted. I doubt I conveyed my thoughts through my eyes. I hope he understood I wanted to help, but he would just have to be sad just a little longer.

Dogs...it's been said we don't deserve them. I believe that to be true. Our dog is totally dedicated to his owner. Even though I was in the house, he still missed his owner.

See that look? It's the look of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment