Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Attending The Company Summer Party...


If you work for an organization, any organization, it's likely you had a summer company party. And it's also likely that you--like me--were required to go.


Maybe "Required" is too strong a word. We were "encouraged" to go. And in company language, encouraged means required. Last year I did not attend. I can't remember why I missed the party--I'm sure something came up, but I wasn't there. This year I saw no reasonable way to get out of it so I went.

We have a party committee and they did a good job organizing and pulling off the party. The theme was:

The 1980s.


I didn't get a lot of pictures of people (didn't want to be creepy photographer of co-workers I don't really know dressed in their 80s best and not on the party committee...). But I did take pictures of some of the decorations. Even though I didn't get any shots of the costumes, some looked pretty good--so good, you'd think they actually lived and remembered the 1980s, not just got their inspiration from watching The Wedding Singer

Since I don't go to a lot of company parties, I'm a poor judge when it comes to the food. I will say, however, that the food was really good. Two thumbs up from this guy to whomever chose and delivered the eats!


There was a photo booth, volleyball, bingo, and word jumbles to keep us entertained. Thankfully, there was no karaoke. The last thing I want is to remember are those images whenever I walked by them in the halls at work. No, the 1980s classics blasted from the speakers was great.

Yes, I went this year. And I'll probably go next year, too.

Unless I can find a way to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment