Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Field Of Beautiful German Cars...


My friend Bob texted me last Saturday morning telling me I needed to get my tail down to Kaysville. There was a car show going on and he was sure I'd enjoy what was on display.

My friend knows me very well.


Because I did go and I did enjoy it. Spread across the little league soccer field were dozens of classic Volkswagens. Beetles, vans, karrmann ghias, even a Thing. They were absolutely beautiful. This was a gathering of the Voodoo VW Club. Back when I owned VWs, I'm sure the clubs existed--I was more worried about my car working than getting in a club. But if I had one now, I'd look into joining.

Several years ago a man called and asked if I wouldn't mind donating my '65 bug to him and his son so they could work on in and see if it could be resurrected. I had no place to put the car and it was in pretty bad shape. I walked around wondering if one of these cars was my old high school ride. I didn't find any 1965 bugs that matched. It's too bad--I'd like to think it's out there somewhere, still going strong (or, at least, going...).

At the show I snapped as many pictures as I could and so I'm sharing them now. Yes, maybe one day I'll get another VW, but if not, walking around snapping pictures of other people's vintage vehicles is pretty cool, too.














  











1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I had a golden 64 or 65 (Can't remember now) Super Beetle in high school. Tons of fun to drive.

    ReplyDelete