Friday, August 18, 2017

Fair Animals...


This morning I went a mile or so west and attended this year's installment of the Davis County Fair. When a person goes to the fair, they expect to see certain things, at least, that's what I do when I go. And many of those things were there--the vendors, the food trucks, some rides, the inevitable hot tubs for sale, first-place ribbons and other attractions.


I also expected to see animals. There are always animals at the fair, bunnies, chickens, pigs, goats, and cattle.

I didn't expect to see camels (or, one camel), or sea lions.


This year, then fair had a sea lion show. We didn't watch the show, but we watched as a couple of sea lions as they swam in circles.


There was a petting zoo that had ducks, chickens, baby goats, a couple of tortoises, and even a fox. The fox was cool. In another pen was an alpaca and a llama. But my personal favorite was an eight-month old camel named Kadie. She was so sweet. I asked her owner how you pet a camel. He said just like a dog.


We try to go to the fair every year. It's kind of like our county, quint, not too big--not too small. One thing's for sure--if we make it to the fair next year, I'm no longer going to assume I know what animals we'll find inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment