Friday, August 25, 2017

Michaelbrent Colling's War On Suicide...A Worthy Cause


A friend sent a request to get the word out about his new project. I said I'd help out. My friend is Michaelbrent Collings and I've tried to support many of his projects in the past--mostly they've been blogs about books he's written. Unfortunately, his latest project is more serious. Michaelbrent's tackling suicide prevention. In fact, he's declaring War on Suicide.

You can access his website: HERE

I first met Michaelbrent at LTUE Writing Symposium probably five years ago. He and Blake Casselman gave a class on screenwriting. I took their class because a few years earlier I had a screenplay made into a movie, but I hope I never forget the advice I got from Michaelbrent and Blake that day.

Fast forward to now. I've run into Michaelbrent at least a couple times each year since then--each time at a writing convention or Comic Con. I've also had the opportunity to meet and get to know members of his family (his parents are two of the greatest people I know...). During those times I've learned a little bit more about the writer and some of the demons he faces on a daily basis. The fact that he reached out to his friends asking for help is a brave thing to do.

Unfortunately, many don't...hence the problem.

If you know Michaelbrent, you know he's accomplished so much in the relatively short time he's been on the planet. Lawyer, martial arts expert, best-selling author and screenwriter--of course, he'd say those accomplishments pale to being a good father and husband. For someone--anyone--to ask for help of such a personal nature should not only be commended, but supported. Chances are you know someone affected by this, or maybe even you have faced these challenges yourself. If so, check out Michaelbrent's website. When we work together, miracles can happen. Once again, click: HERE to reach his site. Let's help him win the war!

No comments:

Post a Comment