Monday, November 5, 2018

A Fantasy Story Bundle...A Fantastic Deal!


I think I read my first fantasy series before I reached Jr. High School, although, it could have been once I reached those middle grades. Goodness knows I needed something to take me away from the reality of those tough years. I remember the first fantasy series I read, Lloyd Alexander's The Chronicles of Prydain series, followed next by Stephen R. Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant series. From there, well, Tolkien, and everything else.

Fantasy was an escape, an adventure, a way for a boy who didn't know exactly who he was or what he wanted to be to imagine life being something other than what he saw everyday. 

I've not read much fantasy lately. It's not that I don't like it--I still do, but finding enjoyment in other genres, getting a graduate degree in English and finding what else is out there...well, there's only so many hours in the day. 

Today, however, I've been given a wonderful gift--the gift of stories. A friend, author John D. Payne--you can access his Amazon page: HERE--contacted me to see if I'd be interested in a Fantasy story bundle containing his book and twelve others.

18388649

John's book, The Crown and the Dragon, is the first one I want to read, followed by Kevin J. Anderson's Selected Stories. The other authors (and there works...) included in this bundle are:

Lindsay Buroker (Warrior Mage)
Andrea Pearson (Forsaken Prince)
Patricia Burroughs (This Crumbling Pageant)
Craig A. Price, Jr. (The Crimson Claymore)
Todd Fahnestock (Wildmane)
A.M Rycroft (Into the Darkness)
C.E. Murphy (Magic & Manners)
Kelly Lynn Colby (Tarbin's True Heir)
Simon Haynes (A Portion of Dragon & Chips)
Jason Henderson (The Iron Thane)
L. Deni Colter (The Halfblood)

The bundle's STILL AVAILABLE! And you can pick it up by clicking: HERE. You too can read the books, too! It's such a great deal, you can literally get these books for only a few dollars each.

I haven't read as much fantasy lately. Maybe this bundle is just the thing I need to fall in love with the genre all over again.

1 comment: