Friday, November 2, 2018

Things I DIDN'T Buy At The Thrift Store Today...


My son wanted to go to the thrift store today. His puppy needed new things to destroy. I'm always up for a trip to see all the things other people have basically thrown away...or "donated." I love thrift store shopping. The problem I have is there's so many things I want to get, even though I know I don't need them. I've blogged about this before. One of the reasons I don't get all the stuff (aside from not having unlimited resources...), is our house is relatively small--we'd have no where to put it.

My son bought things he wanted for his dog. My daughter picked out cute clothes. My wife, other son, and I roamed aimlessly looking at all the stuff. I pulled out my phone and began snapping pictures of all the things I did not buy at the thrift store today.


I did not buy a Panama Canal hat (even though it was red...).


I did not buy an electronic jar opener.


I did not buy whatever this is.


I did not buy broken clocks...


Or binders....


Or tap shoes (I would have bought them if they weren't two sizes too big...).


I did not buy either a VHS collection of the BBC Classic of Pride and Prejudice, or Campaign in the Pacific.


I did not buy old Latter-Day Saint books (or beer steins...).


I did not buy even one Danielle Steel novel.


Nor did I pay $125 for a display that appears to have been worth $12,500.


I did not buy a creepy doll that might be a good prop for next year's Frightmares.


But the item I actually considered buying most of all was a football helmet for $10, signed by Tim Tebow. Yes, really, Tim Tebow. I googled the signature to make sure. I checked out similar items on Ebay but I couldn't tell what it was worth. And, besides, what would I do with a Tim Tebow signed New York Jets helmet? I've never sold anything on Ebay, even though I think I should.

No, others brought stuff home from the thrift store--I did not. Of course, the next time I go, who knows what treasures I'll buy...and not buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment