Monday, November 12, 2018

Well Done...Real Salt Lake!!


Their season ended yesterday, an underdog team facing the best in the west. They fought hard, battled back, but in the end, didn't have enough to pull off another miracle.

Too bad--I loved rooting for them.

I should admit that I wasn't an active a fan of this year's team as I have been in the past. It could be because I did a play this summer--that's a three-month commitment. I missed watching a lot of games on TV. And, since I never go see them play in person, TV was my only option. I do follow several players and fans on Twitter and it was fun following their progress before, during, and after games.

There's a couple of games that I feel define a team during a season. For me, one of those games took place back on November 1st. An underdog RSL team faced the new kids on the block, Los Angeles FC, a team with glitz, swagger, and those LA fans.

RSL came in and took their thunder, stole if out from under them, and it was glorious. We all wanted a repeat, but it's hard to do the same thing twice.

No, the local boy's season ended in Kansas City.

Too bad--I would have loved to root for them a few more times this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment