Friday, November 9, 2018

Oh...Just A Little Bronchitis


A few weeks ago I lost my voice working my p/t gig. I chalked it up to the cold weather that weekend and me being outside. But, I probably picked up a bug. Since then, the entire family's been affected. We've coughed and hacked, sniffed, and sneezed, but this morning, I woke up freezing. 

I was freezing even while buried under a thick down comforter and wearing sweats.

"I think we should take you to the InstaCare," my wife said.

I did not argue.

We arrived and I walked up to the desk. When the lady admitting me kindly handed over a mask, I could tell they thought this could be serious. And, for the first time, so did I. I got signed in then taken back into one of the examination rooms.


The nurse took my vitals--things were okay. Then he said, "we might be looking at pneumonia."

I didn't like the sound of that.

And when the doctor came in wearing a mask herself, well, I started to worry just a little bit. They took a couple of chest x-rays and the conclusion--no pneumonia. Whew!! Next, they tested for influenza. That came back negative as well.

So far, so good.

They diagnosed a mild case of bronchitis, sent me home with some drugs, and that was that. I'm not the healthiest person on the planet, but I'm also not the most prone to illness. I'll get a cold every now and then, but usually, I do okay. It was weird being in an InstaCare considering all the horrible things that could be wrong with me. Thankfully, none of them came to pass. Now, to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment