Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Parcast's "Assassinations" Podcast...A New View Of History


Back in the day I listened to a lot of podcasts. I still do, but not as many as before. Back then I used to try new ones all the time as well. I would get really excited for a new one, but as time went on, I ended up unsubscribing to many of them. It's more difficult than it sounds to keep any creative project interesting for years and years.

I heard about a new podcast this week called Assassinations. It's from Parcast, a network that specializes in scripted, story-driven programing that informs and entertains. Assassinations is only three episodes old and earlier this week, I listened to them all. They focused on one of the most famous assassinations in modern history, the killing of President John F. Kennedy.

JFK was shot almost two years to the day before I was born, and only a week before my brother was born. I don't have a personal connection to the event, but I know my parents were interested in it. When we cleaned out my parent's house after my mother passed away we found copies of the Salt Lake Tribune from November 22, 1963 to November 29, 1963. They did not keep of copy of November 30, 1963--the day my brother was born. Too bad. It would be fun to have a copy of the local paper printed the day you were born.

I liked the podcast. It goes into detail the backstories of the main characters, JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby. The narration is engaging, not dull. It highlights their lives before the event, and it goes into detail about what happened in Dallas decades ago. If you like history, check out Parcast's Assassinations. You can access the episodes by clicking: HERE.

I don't know if I'll be listening to this podcast in a few years. Another reason people stop listening to the episodes is because many podcasts don't make it. I'd like to think that if this one does make it and continues for years to come, I'll be listening to it. As long as the stories follow the network's mantra of providing scripted, story-driven programming that informs and entertains, I'll be a listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment