Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Casting Call...If You've Got What It Takes

Picture

I am what you'd call, a part-time performer. I have a day job, a family, other responsibilities--it makes it difficult to pursue an acting/performing/entertaining career full-time. But, when I see a casting call posted, I still take notice.

Because, who knows?

After I read the write-up of what they're looking for, I knew I wasn't their man.

But maybe YOU are.

Ben Hansen, actor, producer, promoter, all-around great guy, posted on Facebook that he's looking for someone to be part of a reality TV show he and his production company, Hypocenter Productions, is developing. 

Here's what they want:

NEW TV SERIES:  We're currently casting a reality TV series for major cable TV network and we need an adventurous male to fill a key role to uncover and solve some of the world's greatest mysteries! Specifically, we'd like to see casting submissions from men with energetic personalities and backgrounds in decoding and/or analyzing information and then using the results to execute a plan of action. Examples of experience might be found with those in military and civilian intelligence, cryptography, academic symbology, criminal investigations, linguistics, or investigative journalism. If you have a mix of some of these, we'd be interested in seeing for example military guys with special forces experience if they they were part of the intel process. We'd be interested in those with history degrees if they also have research and analysis experience. 
Our host needs to be physically fit so he looks good in a suit but equally comfortable repelling in a jungle. You should be refined and classy so you're not out of place interviewing academics and experts. Your friends might describe you as a book and history nerd, except that you're also very extroverted and always love a good quest! 


I would apply, but I lack a couple of the requirements...I have no background in decoding and/or analyzing information nor have I used these skills to execute a plan of action. I have no experience in military and civilian intelligence, cryptography academic symbology, criminal investigations, linguistics or investigative journalism. I'm not a military guy with (or without...) special forces experience with (or without...) part of the intel process.

So, just a couple of things holding me back. But it does sound like a blast!

This blog post, once published, has the potential to reach almost every human being on the planet, so there's a good chance the right person for this gig has access to this very post. IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, click: HERE for more information. Ben would love to hear from you!

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment