Monday, March 4, 2019

Dining At Sapa...An Amazing Experience


Friday last, noon, a few of us met downtown for a business lunch. I should say, at this point in my story, that I don't do many business lunches. The last one I did might have been back in 2013 when I worked at my friend's financial planning office.

Last week I arrived at a restaurant called Sapa. I'd never heard of it, but everyone else had. It took a few minutes for all parties to arrive. They put us in an overflow section--incredible space (I think it was once a mechanic garage...). I could have taken picture after picture of just the room.


But we weren't there for the ambiance--we were there for the sushi!


If I knew more about sushi, I would be able to let you know what it was we ate. I have no idea, but I do know it looked beautiful. I had several items off the twenty-or-so rolls we split between the six of us. The best one was something that's not even on the menu. When that happens, it means those doing the ordering know the place very, very well.


Another thing I'm not used to is having a lunch last almost three hours. 

Yup.

During the workday I eat lunch at my desk. I usually snarf it down as quick as possible in case I get a call. I've got to admit, taking time, enjoying the conversation, hanging out--I had a great time. I could get used to that kind of lunch. Of course, I'd have to be independently wealthy. I have no idea how much our lunch cost, but it had to be expensive.


At my previous business lunch back in 2013 we met at a restaurant and discussed financial plans. We ordered sushi. Personally, I can't remember if I actually had any sushi--I most likely did. So, last Friday was the second time in my life I ate sushi (the first time I remember eating it...).  It might be another six years since it happens again.

Then again, it might happen sooner than that. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment