Friday, March 8, 2019

Pics Of The Day...March 8 2011 - 2019

 (3/8/11)

As I occasionally do, I checked out Facebook earlier and it showed me a picture I posted exactly eight years ago today. Many times I'll check out the picture and move on, but this morning, I paused. I saw a world covered in white, a view of my street looking south. 

(3/8/12

What was striking to me is that, even though we've had a wet winter, it's been a couple of years since we've had a storm that left more than a foot of snow on the ground.

(3/8/13)

Instead, we've gotten several storms that left a couple of inches and a lot of rain.

(3/8/14)

I went to the Facebook page that shows all the pictures and comments I posted on this day since I joined the social network. 

(3/8/15)

And because I've posted a picture every day since January, 2011, the page had a picture I took on this day from 2011 to today.

(3/8/16)

Eight years, nine pictures.

(3/8/17)

Those nine pictures include two shots of snow, three shots of sunsets, two shots of social events, one writing retreat, and one shot of bicycles on the lawn. March 8th has varied weather, that's for sure.

(3/8/18)

It's fun to look back, remember taking the pictures, having the memories come back. I hope there'll be a collection of my daily pics that I can access in 2027 and remember not only these pictures, but the next nine as well. Time will tell.

(Today, 3/8/19)

No comments:

Post a Comment