Thursday, November 28, 2019

Having The Family Over...


We offered. The family took us up on it.

We gathered. Everyone brought food.

We ate.

And ate.

And ate.

Then, we ate more.


After the loading up my plate I sat at one of the three tables and watched as family broke bread under a roof that we call home. All of my parent's children were there, but not all of their grandchildren. For that, we'd need another couple of tables. But those of us here, not only did we eat, but we talked and laughed, and avoided getting hit by thrown dog toys. We enjoyed each other's company.

My mom joked before she passed away that if we siblings didn't get along after she died, she would come back and haunt us.

Glad my mother can be relieved of haunting duties...

For another year, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment