Thursday, November 7, 2019

I Sure Do Miss That Band...


Just south of the old Opera House, Lagoon has put up several pictures showing the park through the century. And except for the fact they removed a photo of some very handsome--and young--Wild West Shoot-Out stuntmen, I love checking out the pictures. Everything from 1970 forward is very familiar to me. I think I spent more time at Lagoon growing up as a kid than I did at home.

Since everything has to change, many things I see in those pictures I miss--none more than the Lagoon Show Band.

I snapped a picture of the band on the wall of photos. I even recognized several of the band members. I played trumpet, then baritone in jr. high school, and even though I never continued, I knew many of the band members at Davis High. Since it was the closest high school to Lagoon, many of the musicians came from Davis. 

Boy--I miss that band!

They were fantastic!

Even though they were wacky and fun and crazy and goofy, they were above all very talented musicians. I had many friends from Woods Cross High School in the band and they had a great music program beginning in their jr. high schools.


I did a quick Duck Duck Go search to see if I could find any old pictures of the band. I found something better--an 8 1/2 minute video from the old KSL Dimension 5 program. You can see the entire video by clicking: HERE. If you remember the Lagoon Show Band, I highly recommend you click on the link and check it out. It's great. You might even see musicians you know. Also, you get to see glimpses of what Lagoon looked like in 1980.

I've worked at Lagoon for the past five seasons. I think it would be difficult--and extremely expensive--to bring back the band, but if they did, I know I'd be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment