Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Knight Family Pie Fest...Rides Again!


Years ago, I can't remember exactly how many, my cousin sent out an invite: Come over the weekend before Thanksgiving and bring a pie.

What a fantastic idea!

The Knight Family Pie Fest was born.

We've tried to make the pie fest every year, but I know we've missed a few. Tonight the 2019 version took place and we just got back.

I'm pie-ed out!


I love my cousins--growing up we spent a lot of time with my mom's two brothers's families, especially after my father passed away. It helped that both my uncles had kids around the same age as us. We spent so many summers with them, and we'd even sometimes be together for Christmas.

Then, life happens and you grow up and you grow apart. It's too bad, but it's also impossible for things to stay the same. I don't get to see my cousins near enough--the Pie Fest is a great way to hang out, if only for a short time.

We hung out, we pigged out, we caught up. My cousins are having kids that are having kids of their own. We'd need a huge space if all of us were to get together with my cousins and their kids (and their kids's kids...), and that's just on my mother's side.

Yes, it was a genius idea my cousin had years ago. I'm so glad she did, and that we could go. Happy Thanksgiving, family. You're the best!

Image may contain: 5 people, including Rachelle Knight Child, Cindy Daly, Alicia Knight Cunningham and Scott Taylor, people smiling, people standing and indoor

No comments:

Post a Comment