Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Who Knew...Gobbles Could Be Worth A Fortune?

 

No...

Um, no...

Just no.

Since today was my first day back to work since before Halloween, I put away my one Halloween desk decoration, and got out my one Thanksgiving desk decoration, a cute little Beanie Baby named Gobbles.

The reason I have Gobbles is two fold. It's a great Thanksgiving decoration, but he (I'm assuming it's a "he"...) and I share a birthday. I have no idea if the company made 365 different Beanie Babies. If so, everyone would have one that shared their birthday. Gobbles is mine--a fine choice, if I don't say so myself.


 I don't have a lot of Beanie Babies--I'm no collector, but every once in a while I like to do a little research on the ones we do have. Tonight, I thought it would be interesting to check out other Gobblers out there.

And I don't think there's any way any of them can be worth thousands of dollars.

Yes, I understand that scarcity drives up demand. The Gobbles I found on-line, the "not perfect" ones, have flaws, a typo here, a missing space there. My Gobbles is downstairs on my desk. Of course, I could run down there right now and see if my little guy has the same flaws. I'm not, because even if he did, I have a hard time believing anyone would voluntarily hand over the equivalent of a nice used car for a small plush animal with flaws.


Then again, I'm no collector so what do I know?

Not much, apparently.

If I found my Gobbles to be work thousands of dollars, I'd gladly hand him over, then spend a very small percentage of the profit I made on a regular, non-flawed Gobbles. After all, all the flawed ones and all the non-flawed ones have the same birthday.

Curiosity will drive me to check. Most likely I've got a regular Gobbles. And that's just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment