Thursday, November 21, 2019

"Shell Game"...A Short Film I'm In...Is Available To Watch!


Late last year a friend sent out a post on social media. He had access to an incredible piece of video equipment and he was itching to try it out. He asked if anyone would want to help him out by being in a short film.

Of course, I responded.


The end result was posted on YouTube yesterday. It's called, Shell Game, and it's pretty cool.

There was a time when I thought about getting into film and TV as a career. I did some extra work back in the 1990s, and last year I was in my first commercial. I haven't actively sought out rolls--it's a fickle business at best and, well...I know who I am, what I look like, how I sound. I realized a long time ago that to be successful in the industry (other than having a great work attitude and talent...), you need to offer a product people want to see. I may dedicate more time to it in the future, but for now, I'm good.


Needless to say, the whole experience was a blast! I got to be a bad guy, a double-crosser who is caught by the big boss, a bigger and badder character than me. Once I'm found out, I'm given my options and the means by which to carry out those options. I should stop talking about it and just give you the link so you can watch it yourself--you can access the film by clicking: HERE. Seriously, it'll take you less time to watch it than it will to read this post.

Thanks to Nathan Riddle, Hawk Westerfield, and Chelsea Jurkiewicz for their excellent acting (and writing), and Geoffrey Leatham for great camera work.


It's still mind-boggling to me the access we have to create art. Only a few decades earlier, creating something like this would require a lot more money and time. I'm not implying it's not hard work now--it is, but for the "Average Joe" to be able to make a film like this, it still blows me away.

If you've got five minutes, click on the link. Also, if you could give a "like" on the YouTube page, that helps immensely. And, it would be fun to hear your thoughts about the film--plus, I'd LOVE to hear how you think the story ended. Shell Game, a fun little project!

2 comments:

  1. Fun to watch. Although I’ve never thought of you as a bad guy, you were pretty convincing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to do, and I was acting... ;)

      Delete