Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I Mean, I Knew I Liked The Movie...Apparently, A Ton Of Others Do, Too


Since I post a picture a day on social media, sometimes how a particular photo gets chosen for that picture can be interesting...well, interesting to me.

I never know the exact response a picture may get. There's a couple of different types of photos I post. Occasionally, I'll take a quality shot, either a beautiful sunset or a cool black and white picture and post it. Other times, if I see something funny I'll use that as my Pic Of The Day.

Then, there are times when I need a photo--any photo--to post and I'll pick something random, something from the internet, a funny meme, an old picture from my high school yearbook. The main thing is, that I continue my almost decade-long streak of daily postings. I'd hate to see that stop.

Last Saturday night, after being inundated with crappy news all day, we decided to watch a movie, a comedy that would hopefully brighten up our evening. We started the film, and when I saw the scene where a travel bag glides down an airport baggage conveyer, I decided a photo of that shot would be my Pic Of The Day.

After all, it's just a picture of a travel bag and only those who knew the film wold recognize its significance. 

Boy, I guessed right. I was flooded with agreeing comments, and quotes from the show, quotes I say all the time.

What's Up, Doc? is one of my all-time favorite films. I can't remember exactly when I first saw the movie, but I was young. And, even at a young age, I was blown away by the humor, the craziness, the hilarity...the genius that is What's Up, Doc? And I thought the film would be perfect to take our minds off the troubles at hand.

I posted it to Facebook with a caption stating it was the funniest film of all time and it was a great time to watch it.

It seems many many people agreed. 

With so many films out there, and many more being made all the time, What's Up, Doc? has not been seen by everyone, but those who've seen it seem to love it as much as me.

I didn't think that was possible.

If you haven't seen it, please check it out. It really can make your day better, if only for a short time. Considering how things are going nowadays, even a short break is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment