Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day...What If



I am getting to the age where my friend's parents are passing away. Each year, more and more parents are leaving us. My own parents are gone, but if my dad were alive today, he'd be 95.

Happy Father's Day, Dad.

It's odd, celebrating special days on social media. Actually, days like today--Father's Day, Mother's Day, Veterans Day, even Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter--I love! I love reading posts from friends and family on social media as they praise their loved ones. Maybe it's because all the poast are positive.

There's also many posts I read today where people are acknowledging their fathers who are gone and how much they're missed. Those are special posts, too.



What if, this is the last time you'll be able to celebrate Father's Day with your father.

With the events of today, that is not something that "happens," but a real possibility, with Covid-19 attacking the elderly the harshest. Would you act differently if you knew this would be the last Father's Day with your father? I'm sure you would, but that's one of the most beautiful aspects of life...that we don't know these things.

I loved reading everyone's posts today. Let's pray we can post similar things a year from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment