Monday, June 8, 2020

Geoff Thatcher's "The CEO's Time Machine"...A Book Review


I have many friends who have published books--it comes with the territory of being an author myself and getting to know scores of talented people who write and publish books.

But, I don't have many friends who I have known since childhood who have accomplished this feat. When Geoff Thatcher, a friend and fellow Davis High Dart alum announced his book The CEO's Time Machine, I wanted to read it, mostly because Geoff is one of the most accomplished people I know, especially in the area of creative business ideas. Also, the fact that his daughter illustrated it intrigued me. This past weekend, I saw Geoff post on social media about visiting his family. I quickly jumped on-line and asked if he was in town and if he had a copy of his book that I could buy and that he would sign.

He said he did and to come over to his parent's house.

I did.

I got the book.

And it is a delight.

Geoff Thatcher

Geoff, along with his daughter Zoe, have crafted a story that's powerful, a story of two business leaders and how one wishes to pass along his wisdom and experience (and philosophy...) to his hand-picked replacement. He invites her to a garage--a building associated with some of the greatest business success stories in the history of the planet.

Interestingly enough, in this CEO's garage, the possibility of not only another great business success story, but multiple success stories can be found inside. For inside the garage is a time machine, a way for people to go both back and forward in time to learn from the lessons of history.

The genius of Thatcher's story is its simplicity. The book is short--it took me only an hour or so to finish--but don't let that discourage you from its message. There's a beauty found in the pages that doesn't require chapters of back story, or tangents to add flavor. No--this is an energy bar when you need quick nutrition. 

This book is for any business professional to help them look at their organization and personnel in a different light. The message can also touch everyone else because it reveals a universal truth about how humans see the world and each other.

You can order the book by clicking the Amazon link: HERE. The CEO's Time Machine is a simple story, and like the Tardis, it's a small package that is much bigger on the inside.

2 comments: