Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Congratulations To Weber State University Women's Volleyball Team!


 I haven't watched too much of women's college volleyball games this year, nor have I watched much of women's college volleyball games in my life. It's not the most accessible sport to watch, and the days of me actually attending sporting events in person are years and years in the past.

Tonight, one of my Alma Maters, the Wildcats (not actual wildcats...) of Weber State University, fielded a team in the NCAA Women's Volleyball Tournament (my other alma mater plays tomorrow...). They battled the Falcons (not actual falcons...) of Bowling Green Sate University in Round One of the Tournament. I watched the end of the game. The Wildcats were victorious, three sets to one.

Good for them!

Go Cats!

And to make things even sweeter, it was the school's first-ever win. I know it's only the first round, but you have to win the first round if you expect to win the whole thing. The first step has been taken. Unfortunately for the Lady Cats, they next team they face is the Number 1 team in the nation, the Badgers (not real badgers...) of Wisconsin on Thursday at 5pm. Of course, if WSU beats the #1 team in the country, by some standards, Weber State would be the team to beat.

No, I haven't watched a lot of women's college volleyball games...my loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment