Friday, April 16, 2021

I Mean...They Keep Coming Anyway


 58 new e-mails...

58.

I didn't open my computer today until well after dinner. I had 58 e-mails waiting for me. Of those, I had maybe three that I wanted to read. I heard a podcast once that recommended getting rid of all spam e-mails...not just deleting them, but formatting your e-mail accounts so you stop spam from reaching you. The podcast centered on writing, but the advice is for anyone wanting to remove clutter and interruptions from their lives.

Great idea.

I'm sure I could do more serious research on how to stop these e-mails from arriving. Normally, I just delete them and get on with things. The other day, I thought about trying to lessen my interruptions. I blocked a few accounts thinking--incorrectly--that the e-mails would stop. You can see in the picture the e-mails continued, but now they have a nice red circle with a line through it (the universal sign of something being banned...) to differentiate between unblocked e-mails and blocked e-mails.

Maybe one day I'll figure out how to block them for good, and not only figure out how, but to go through with it. Until then, I'll keep deleting the e-mails, both the blocked and the unblocked ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment