Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Writing Retreat (From Home)...Day 3


 Thus ends Day 3 of my stay-at-home writing retreat, and I eclipsed the 50k mark. I know that for many, 50k does not even cover the beginning. I'm looking to wrap it up.

Amazing how some authors do it.

The past three days have been wonderful. On Sunday (I don't write on Sundays...), I considered following my regular routine, but instead of going to work, I'd get up at 6:30am to write. That did not last even one day. Day 1 I began writing at 7am, Day 2 at 8:30am, and this morning at 9am. And I'm okay with that.

Rule 1 of being a writer is: Don't beat yourself up when things don't go exactly as planned.

Technically, I have one day more of the retreat, even though it goes until the weekend. Tomorrow should be a mostly full day of writing and I hope to get some done on Friday as well. My plan was, if not finish my latest work in progress, at least know how it will end.

Goal achieved!

For me, that's been the biggest hurdle. Right now, I'm about to put together the final battle, four against ten. I've never written a scene like that before, so I'll have to dig deep and see what happens.

When you're a writer you dream of what life would be like to write full-time, to support yourself and your family just with the words you first imagine then create. I'd have to put in more hours, take it more seriously, but I think it's something I'd love to try. 

Maybe after retirement...I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment