Sunday, April 4, 2021

Give Thanks...People Who Take Chances - "The Chosen"


 I'd heard of the series and I suppose I'd get around to watching it one of these day. Looks like Holy Week before Easter was the perfect "one of these days." Many things have been said and written about this series, but what impressed me the most about the show is how it came to be.

Someone took a chance.

The Chosen set a record for the most successful crowd funded entertainment project in history. And they're no where near being done. They have planned seven seasons. Season Two begins tonight. I found an interesting article about the show and how it began. You can access the article by clicking: HERE.

I enjoyed the series more than I thought I would. Based on previous projects depicting Christ and the early days of the church, they've been a little dry and heavy-handed. The Chosen depicts the men and women that first followed Christ as real, and relatable, and flawed. There's also humor in the stories--there must be humor any time you try and present a retelling of historical events. Humans are funny, even when nothing else is. It's a coping mechanism. And it's important.

I can't imagine the obstacles the people who created the series had to overcome to bring their vision to fruition. But, they persevered, the endured, they did what they had to do and now it's a reality. I'm thankful for people who sacrifice for others...just like the people portrayed in The Chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment