Thursday, December 16, 2021

A Day I Thought I'd Never See...An Open Farmington City Post Office


Went back to my old stopping grounds today. It's only been a little over a year since I drove up and down State Street going to and from the home of my youth and adulthood. Though, not many, I see some changes here and there, small changes in the old neighborhood. In fact, I'd say if I walked out of the front door where I lived and interacted with the neighbors, things would be pretty much the same.

However, there was one change I noticed...

A very big change.

The Farmington, Utah branch of the US Post Office is open, not almost open, not the parking lot is finished but the building is still closed open. And to prove the openness was authentic, I actually parked the car and went inside.

I can attest to the fact that the building is, indeed, open.

You maybe thinking, "He's going a little overboard about this whole open thing," but if you lived in Farmington for the past...oh, I don't know...ten years, you would see the existing post office that was once new about forty-five years ago, closed for renovations. I think, if the rumors are true, they were going to build a big super-nice post office where the old post office once was. Instead, they left the old building and re-did part of the front, at least, that's what it looks like to those of us watching the slow transformation of the federal building.

I'm glad it's finally open. See--some changes can be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment