Monday, December 6, 2021

A Simpsons Meme That Is Spot-On Perfect...


 Memes are funny little things that have invaded our lives in the past decade or so. They're a way to combine the creativity of an individual with the recognizability of a universally-known photograph or picture. And because humans gravitate to familiar things, many times a popular picture generates many many memes.

The other day I came across one that I thought was perfect. It wasn't political or historical or related to sports in any way.

It was about sparkling water.

It answered the question: What does sparkling water taste like?

It answered another question: How does it feel when your leg falls asleep?

Growing up I had never tried sparkling water. I remember seeing ads for Perrier and figured it was an acquired taste, something big-city folks enjoyed. Truth be told, I never thought it was be for me...

And then I actually tasted it.

And I knew it wasn't for me.

I did not like it, which made me wonder why so many people did. That was decades ago. I've tried sparkling water a few times since. Still, not my thing. I was even duped into trying the "lightly flavored" brands of sparkling water...same reaction.

So, when I came across the above meme, it fit perfectly. I don't think I could have said it better myself. Yes, memes can make us laugh or cry or get angry or do all three at once. And that's one reason why they're here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment