Wednesday, December 1, 2021

What Garland Utah Looked Like...On A Beautiful Sunday Morning


 Usually, when I pull up to the historic Tabernacle in Garland, Utah, I park on the north side of the street. That way, after the meeting, I can leave the church and hop in my car. The car is already aimed in the right direction...I get home a split-second earlier.

But, last Sunday, parking spots on the north side of the street were occupied by earlier-arriving parishioners and I parked across the street...car faced away from the house so I'd get home a split-second later.

No big deal.

The meeting over, I left the building before the clock struck noon. Of course, I looked both directions before entering the street. I looked again halfway across. 

I actually stopped as I reached the center line.

And I snapped a couple of pictures.

As you can see, I probably didn't need to look both ways either before stepping onto the road or while crossing it...not many cars on this particular road just before noon last Sunday.

For most of my life, I attended another beautiful old church built by pioneers and pioneer stock. There's also a road running through the town right next to the church, only I would almost never stop in the middle of that road...too many cars no matter what time of day.

What you see in these two pictures is from the quaint hamlet of Garland, Utah. It makes the small town where we live look big by comparison. Though much has changed since the church was built around a century ago, much has stayed the same. As I stood in the middle of the road taking out my phone and capturing the views looking due east and due west, I realized just how beautiful were the views I saw.

And I wanted others to see them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment