Sunday, December 5, 2021

Give Thanks...For Memories Of Performing At Christmas


 A good friend posted a picture on social media earlier this week. Interestingly enough (at least for me...), it was a picture I posted to social media several years ago. The picture--a show poster for a production of Scrooge we did decades ago.

Ah, the memories...

I believe the show was performed in 2001 at Rodgers Memorial Theatre (which no longer exists...). It was the second community theater production I did. I also had my son in the show with me...he was seven years old at the time. If you have the ability to zoom in on the poster, cast members wrote Christmas wishes to my son. I thought it would be something cool he could hang in his room as a reminder of his time onstage. I wonder if he even remembers doing the show.

We decorated the house last Sunday. In one of the boxes of stuff was a Christmas calendar from another production of Scrooge, this time in a new theater, Centerpoint Legacy Theatre (which thankfully does exist...). I apologize but I don't remember who went out of their way and made these calendars for everyone in the cast. The casts are huge so that was no small feat.

There was a time when I did five Christmas shows in the span of six years. So many rehearsals, so much time away from home. Thankfully, I did most of those shows with my daughter--always best if I can do a show with my kids. I've said many times, being in a show at Christmas is the best time of the year to do a show, but also the toughest time to do a show.

When my friend posted my picture, it brought back so many amazing memories. I'm so grateful of those memories, of those friendships, of those experiences that hopefully made wonderful memories for the patrons, because I know it did for me. Thanks, Dave for bringing some of them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment