Friday, December 17, 2021

Maybe I Should Just Become A Cat Photographer...


 Because we have a semi-large dog that does not "appreciate" the uniqueness of cats, we have divided our home. We have cat zones and dog zones. So far, no complaints (that I understand...) from the animals. Oh, I'll bet they would enjoy free-range of the whole house, but animals make questionable decisions at times, so we do not allow that to happen.

One of the cat zones is upstairs, pretty much in our bedroom. We try to make it a nice space for Sam-Dean. He has different rooms to explore, a hallway where he can look through the gate and see humans and a big dog, and one of his favorite things--a large window where he can look out over his kingdom.

Maybe it's the natural light, but something about that window can often times bring a wonderful place to take photos...of the cat.

Maybe I should become a cat photographer.

Ever since my mother bought me an incredible piece of photographic technology--my Olympus OM-10--back in 1979, I've tinkered with the idea of becoming a professional photographer. I've never done more than tinker...nope. But thanks to social media, I've been able to post some of my favorite photos and not-so-favorite photos. Many have left some wonderful comments on these pictures.

Being a photographer is sort of like being a writer. Sometimes finding stuff to photograph (or finding stuff to write about...) can be daunting. Maybe I could spend all my time taking photographs of the cats. I mean, why not? Many people love cats. They spend half their lives watching cat videos, so we all know the market exists. 

In all seriousness, many people make a living photographing animals and many of them photograph cats. Cats are part of this natural world and nature can be beautiful. There are others who maybe don't make a living with their photography, but love the art form anyway. I could do much worse trying to find a fascinating subject to photograph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment