Saturday, December 18, 2021

Where's Your Home's..."Chamber Of Secrets?"


 Even though the term became famous from a second book in the most successful literary series of all time, in our house we have our own Chamber of Secrets. 

It's the master bedroom closet.

Of course, everyone living in our house knows it's where our Chamber of Secrets can be found. The location of the room is not "secret," but what it contains, is...

Or at least, some of it is.

But, is it good to have secrets, any secrets? Some say yes, others, no. Personally, I believe there's a time for truth and a time for that truth to be revealed later. Secrets can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances. Normally, there's pretty much nothing in our Chamber of Secrets that can't be known by anyone in the house. This is, however, a special time of year.

Growing up, I found the Chamber of Secrets in various places in my childhood home. The first one I remembered was an unfinished half-bath on the main floor of the home my father never got to finish. It was a good choice, but once the secret was out, it was no longer technically a "Chamber of Secrets."

It moved to different locations, and I believe, during the final years I lived at that house as a teenager, the chamber became mobile, then was located off-site. There might have been a sub-chamber somewhere--I'm not sure. If so, it truly was a secret chamber.

One day my kids will have their own homes where their family will work and play, eat and sleep...and they'll have Chambers of Secrets, too. 

I wonder if I'll ever find them...

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment