Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Struggle...Is Real


We've had the inflatable nativity scene for years. We don't do a lot of Christmas Decorating, but we saw the nativity in a store and thought it was perfect. Over the years, a few of the lights in the display have burned out and I haven't been able to replace them. I suppose in a few more years, the remaining lights will go and we'll have to make a decision.

It seems everyone in my home state has shown pictures on social media from a much-needed show storm that blew in last night. The pictures--for the most part--were beautiful, but I'm a sucker for a good winter landscape. In the past, we've been able to set up our inflatable nativity scene close to the house, someplace we could get to. With the new house, we found a place that's a little more out of the way.

Last night's storm covered everything in white, cars, streets, sidewalks, tumbleweeds, even Christmas decorations. After a few hours in the sun, I thought enough snow had melted off the display so I turned on the power and watched...

The struggle is real.

Mary made the most progress. She rose about halfway, but Joseph and the manager kept her down. Now, I could have walked through the snow and smacked the display a few times. It would have popped right up.

 Did I do that?

Nope.


I stood on our porch and threw chunks of snow at the thing until it rose like a frozen phoenix.

I know, it's not much of a story, but I thought it was fun and I had a good time taking shots at the Holy Family.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment