Tuesday, November 30, 2021

It's Not How My Car Looks, Necessarily, But...This Is Me


 I ran across a meme the other day--even shared it with my wife. Unfortunately, I can't remember the source. I thought it was funny, then didn't think much about it. Today, while looking through my photos, I spotted this meme again and I realized, "That's me."

Of course, I don't wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what would look "sick" on my car, but I do find myself quite often waking up in the middle of the night thinking about other things...

Story ideas, sports, politics, even religion...those are the topics that sometimes keep me awake.

I've known people who say they only need around four hours of sleep a night and since I don't live with those people, I have to take their word for it. Still, I believe there are people who only need a few hours of sleep each night and I've always been a little jealous of them, wishing I too only needed a few hours to sleep.

If so, what would I do with all that extra time? If I only needed half the time I usually take to sleep, what would I do? Would I starting writing a new short story or begin a novel? Would I solve the world's political problems, or dream of my favorite teams winning various championships? Even if I did those things, or dreamt of those things, I probably wouldn't be very productive. I'd probably do what I usually do when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep...

I'd play solitaire on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment