Monday, November 22, 2021

So...Maybe Thanksgiving Food Isn't For Everyone


 I lifted this photo from Facebook. A friend posted it and when I showed it to my wife, she had a good laugh. We both did, actually. We laughed because of the truth found in the picture and the accompanying sentence. 

My wife and I were talking about this very thing today. Kids thee days... I mean, the food we serve at Thanksgiving is not the kind of food that we generally eat. I remember as a kid there would be food I would love and food I'd never eat when the Thanksgiving meal was served. Candy yams...that was a "no" for me and remained so for decades. My tastes eventually changed, but even today, I'll check first to see if it's something I want to eat. Not all candy yam dishes are equal.

The food is tradition. Some traditions take longer accepting than others.

I can't blame kids for not liking all the "fixins" that are served. I probably gave my mom fits growing up and I know I didn't appreciate all the hard work she put in to fill a table with incredible food. Now, it's too late for me to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with her. Maybe she's watching form Heaven and she's laughing when our own kids stock up on rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment