Monday, November 8, 2021

Curse You, Lost Hour...Curse You!


 It seems like every other social media post today was a complaint about the Daylight Savings Time change. I add my voice to the others. But, of all the complaints I read on sites and also our group chat at work, there's something I noticed this time that I don't believe I've ever thought about before. It's a question, really.

Why does the time change seem to affect me more and more as I get older?

I remember back in the day, I used to love changing the clocks in the fall. I looked forward to sleeping in, or at least enjoying that extra hour of sleep when we had early church. It was glorious. But as I get older, that extra hour eludes me. Sunday morning, I woke around 7am, which was really 6am. This morning, I got up at 6am (old time...) which was really 5am (new time...). 

Bummer.

The "spring forward" always sucked. I thought I was somehow being robbed of something, even though I knew I would get whatever was robbed back in the future. That never helps when I lose the hour each spring. And if I can't take advantage of that extra hour (can't sleep in...), then it seems to me I lose twice.

 I've never lived in area that didn't change the time twice a year so I'm not sure what it's like to not do it. I can only imagine it's fantastic. Our state has tried to get the rule changed and I believe it's being held up on a federal level...I could be wrong about this and if so, I apologize.

Still...it would be fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment