Friday, November 5, 2021

Oh...The Skies


Maybe it's because for several months this summer, you could barely see blue sky due to the smoke from western fires. Maybe it's because we're having a wet autumn, but most likely, the reason views from the dusk skies above our home last week took my breath away is because they were simply beautiful.

I get a chance to see the outside world as I sit in my office chair and work my shifts. But, when the clock chimes the end of the work day, I sometimes wander outside and see the world God created. The last couple of weeks, what has greeted me as I leave the house has been spectacular.

It's only our second autumn in this new land. A year ago we were spending our "free" time organizing the house and getting things settled. Now, things are put away and we have the opportunity to enjoy our surroundings. Since we're new I don't know if the same incredible skies will befall us next fall or the autumn after that. I sure hope so.

I will never tire of seeing such things.

 

2 comments: