Thursday, November 18, 2021

Ghosts...Or Ghosts?


 Funny, how we come across things that become part of us. I remember years ago listening to an audiobook from an indie author. I ran out of books to read/listen to so I came across an interview of the author. The interviewer said he himself had written some stories so I tracked him down and read a little from him. That sent me on another chase of a few more authors.

Funny, how we find things.

I don't know where I first heard about Ghosts but the other day when we seemed to run out of things to watch (which, is basically impossible considering all the things out there to watch...) I suggested we try a comedy called, Ghosts

That's when we found out there's not one series, but two...one American, and the other--the original--is from England. We started watching both of them. The last time I remember this happening--two series--was watching The Office. The difference with Ghosts is, the British version is still around and has more episodes than the American version. The Office was different. There were more American The Office episodes after half a season.

We haven't watched them all...only a few of each version. But, I love the concept(s)...in both series a woman inherits a mansion of a long-lost relative. The mansion is haunted by various people who have died on the property, which means people of different time period occupy the same space. Eventually the woman sees and can interact with the ghosts, though the husbands cannot. What I love is the potential of storylines available to the series and I'm interested to see where they take us.

I don't watch a lot of broadcast shows. In fact, if we had known there was a BBC version we might have given that one a shot years ago.

We liked what we saw, especially Ghosts from across the pond. Some of the ghosts are exactly the same in both versions, some are slight variations. I think the viking/caveman characters are my early favorites. 

If you're looking for a funny show, give Ghosts (plural) a shot...either version will do.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up with both versions last week! Love them both, but the British has definitely become my favorite. Or should I say favourite.

    ReplyDelete