Saturday, November 19, 2022

Don't Think They Think People Are Giving Books As Gifts For Christmas...


 I know it's early for some, but my wife and I have spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks shopping for Christmas. We actually finished this past week--a whole month before the big day. This is unusual for us...normally, we're not that organized.

One of the places we go for gifts is Walmart. It's close and it has so many things. The fact that many of those things are on sale helps. A few weeks ago we were back in the vacuum/tools/electronics section of the store. There's also something else in that section...

Too bad it was completely blocked.

The section--books, and you couldn't even walk down it.

I know this is temporary, at least I hope it is. The store has so much stuff, they have to stow things someplace. I'm sure the $7 bags of various colors will find a place near other more or less expensive colorful bags. That pallet of goods will be moved and shoppers will have access to the printed page.

I have so many friends who would rather have a new book as a Christmas gift than almost anything else. They are mostly writers themselves. It was strange, turning into that aisle thinking I might find a book for some of our harder-to-shop-for people on the list and I was blocked--completely blocked. Just across the aisle, there was a pallet of TVs of all sizes and prices. Funny, those TVs had nothing blocking their access.

I haven't been back to the book aisle since I stopped and took a couple of pictures a few weeks ago. Like I said, I'll bet it's no longer blocked. Then again, maybe it is.

Giving a book is a great Christmas gift ideal. I hope none of you will will be hindered in your goal to find that perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment