Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Experiment: Making Better Pies...Fortunately, We Are The Guinea Pigs


 The other day my wife made a proclamation...not anything earth-shattering (well, maybe it was...). Just a simple statement of a goal she had...

She wanted to practice making better pies.

Um...yes, please!

My wife is an excellent cook. Me not fitting into clothes that once were un-snug is proof. Baking, though...it's a tough world. When my wife said she wanted to improve her pie-making abilities, I offered my full and unconditional support--I am fully on board. Yesterday, was Experiment #1 and #2...apple and cherry pies.

She made one to give to a family in the neighborhood (the apple...), and our family got to enjoy the cherry pie. Yes, we're guinea pigs, but happy ones. The crust was a little thick--not my opinion, but her's--but other than that, extremely good stuff.

As with anything, practice makes better. I look forward to continuing the Great Pie Experiment of '22...

And continuing my role as Chief Guinea Pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment