Friday, November 4, 2022

Personally...I Think He Was Outside The Whole Time


We did some shifting around of decorations last week. It's needed, especially during the holidays. The Halloween decorations were put away, and instead of trying to find a place to store a small outdoor Christmas Tree and a lighted deer under the stairs, I decided to put them outside...sort of a mini pre-Christmas scene. It turned out pretty good, we thought.

The problem was, I kept the front door open more than usual as I set things up. So, when I went to close the front door, we found a spider hanging on the inside of our front door.

Ugh...

I know how important spiders are so I didn't want to kill it outright. We opened the door and guided it to the other side of the door. Then we shut the door. We were no longer in a room with that particular eight-legged visitor.

That's when all those nasty thoughts creep into your head...

"Was that thing actually inside the house the whole time?" "How long has that thing been inside with us?" And most importantly, "Are there any more of them around?"

I know there are things in this house. I think I can deal with that by not knowing they are there. If I don't see them or any sign of them, I'm good. The ultimate "out of sight, out of mind" situation. That's when I decided to look this as a "glass half full" situation.

"I believe," I told my wife. "I think the spider was outside the whole time, and because the door was open so much, it just dropped down onto the door. Yeah, that's what I think happened."

I don't know if she--or even I--totally believe what I had just said, but I think it made both of us feel better knowing that we didn't have a guest living inside the house with us and that it hadn't been inside the whole time. I'm going to go with that as what "officially" happened. Now, I need to not think about it...just forget it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment