Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tis The Baking Season...


 Tis the season...

To bake!

The fact that cooler temperatures outside means we can fire up the oven is just another reason to love this time of year. It's already my favorite season. My wife said to me the other day that she wanted to do more baking. Cooking or baking in the summer months heats up the house too much.

There's also a difference between this year and last. Last year, our oven was broken. We lived for a year without the ability to bake anything. The burners on top of the range worked, but not the oven. That was a long year...culinarily speaking.

It's also the season for sweet things to eat. This is both good and bad. Good because of the deliciousness, but bad because eating too much sugar can't be the best thing for a person, especially a person of advancing age. I need to practice moderation in my sugar intake.

These cookies taste better than they look, and they do look good.

I only wish you could have some, too. After all, it is the (baking...) season.

No comments:

Post a Comment