Monday, November 21, 2022

Is It Just Me, Or Are The Christmas Trees A Little "Scrawny" This Year...?


 It's a little early, but Christmas tree lots are popping up all over. I've only seen a few, but I've noticed something shared in each lot I've seen...

Scrawny Christmas trees.

You probably can't tell by the above photo, but these particular trees are not full. They're pretty bare. In our old house, we had a 30" ceiling in one part of our front room and every once in a while, we'd get a supper tall--supper skinny Christmas tree. It was fun decorating the top part of the tree from the loft. We also picked those trees because they were cheaper.

Speaking of cheap, Christmas trees no longer are.

I suppose they've always been expensive, or some of them have been. To get a full tall tree, you'll be forking out lots of cash. This was okay with us--we'd find something practical and within budget. Things changed with us a few years ago. We found we couldn't find any trees within our budget. We had two options...

Increase the budget, or...

Buy an artificial tree.

We chose the latter.

Maybe early trees are always a little thin. I'm not sure because when we did buy live trees, we'd usually wait until about mid-December to pick one up. Maybe the bigger, fuller, fatter trees come later. Maybe I'm just imaging they are scrawny because I'm seeing everything through "Shrinkflation eyes."

Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about (that happens frequently...). I don't know. I only hope that the people who buy these trees take them home and perform a Charlie Brown miracle to allow these trees to fulfill their Christmas destiny. I hope if you buy a tree, it turns out to be one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment