Saturday, July 15, 2023

A Wonderful Little Game...


 I came across a Game Boy Advance a few weeks ago. It fired up so I thought I'd dig into my box of relics and I found my Legend of Zelda, Link's Awaking game...

What a wonderful little game.

Of course, it shouldn't be. 

What I mean by that is, the game is ancient, by today's standards. It's like driving a Ford Model T in the Twenty-First Century. The game is hard to see--you have to hold the Game Boy at a certain angle or you can't see anything. The controls are small, almost non-existent. It feels like it takes forever to change your weapons. But, man, is that game addicting. 

It's odd, I'm not a big gamer. I don't play games on a computer. I have no gaming consoles. I have a few games on my phone I access. But, since I bought the Game Boy and found the Zelda game, it's taken up a chunk of my time.

I posted the above photo on social media last week. It seems I'm not the only one who looks fondly upon this game. It's almost universal. Maybe it's people of a certain age where the game meant so much who share this affinity. Then again, I'll bet a younger generation who have never played the game would love it, too. 

I'm about halfway through the adventure and I still love it.Yes, it's sort of a pain to play, but oh, is it worth it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment