Saturday, July 8, 2023

I Miss The Sun Setting Behind A Mountain...

I went driving last night, at sunset, with my son. As he drove on a small country road, the sun set behind the western mountains...

It was beautiful.

Something I miss.

I have been blessed almost my entire life to see one of the most amazing sights witnessed by humans...sunsets, but not just any sunsets. For decades I lived on the eastern slope of a mountain. From that height, we watched the sun set behind Antelope Island...not the highest mountain, but high enough. I took picture after picture of those sunsets, and when photography went digital, I went nuts.

Thousands of photos of sunsets from my house on a dead-end street.

We moved to another hill. Now we're on the north side of a smaller mountain and to the west of us we have...

Homes...

We still get amazing sunsets, many of which I have photographed, but there's something about having a natural boundary behind which the sun sets. It's special. It's the way God intended.

As we drove last night, I took out my phone and I snapped a couple of pictures. I miss mountains and sunsets. They're a wonderful combination. I've been blessed to have seen thousands in my life. Last night's view was one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment