Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Another Milestone...


 Every once in a while I happen to notice the little counter in the upper left corner of the blog dashboard. I hardly ever think about it. However, there are times when I see something that I find amusing or interesting or blog-worthy.

Usually, I'm the only one.

Such was the case yesterday before I started blog post #4568. The counter sat in numerical order at 4567 completed posts. I know, it's not the most exciting thing...it's not one of the biggies like, 1000, or 5000, or even 10,000. One of those milestones has passed. The other is a few years away, and that third--10k--is decades away.

It's fun for me to look back and consider that number in the corner. Writing daily means that many, if not most, of the posts are, well...to but it bluntly, boring (kind of like this one...). I realized long ago that my posts could either be interesting and well-researched, or I could write every day and have some good ones, have some great ones, some so-so ones, and everything in between.

The reason I write daily is because I know that if I didn't write daily, I'd most likely never write another blog post. There are millions of blogs out there where the creators did exactly that...just sort of stopped. I keep writing, in part, because it's a journal, some place to write about my life, my family, my interests, and whatever. Plus, it only takes a few minutes a day. I think it's well worth my time.

God willing, I'll be able to continue writing until I hit 5000 posts and beyond. Hopefully, I'll notice the number in the corner when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment