Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Dealing With Computer Issues...Just A Part Of Life


 You may not know it, but right now I'm waging a war, a race against time. The enemy...?

My laptop.

For the past couple of weeks, my laptop has been on the fritz. It began with the occasional freezing. Previously, it would lock up a couple of times a year, but something changed. Since it happening frequently lately, I'd force shut down, the start it back up again. I did an internet search trying to see if I could remedy the problem.

I thought I fixed it, and I did see a change, but that was short-lived. Now, the computer just shuts down--no freeze, just shuts down. When I fire it up again, I see the above message.

I bought this computer years ago...I can't remember how many exactly, but I could look it up. My guess is it's something I can get fixed by taking it into the Apple store or another Mac repair shop. It worries me, thought. There's the cost to fix it, of course, and because I don't know what's causing the problem, I don't know how pricy it's going to be. Then there's not having access to the computer and that's tough when I'm blogging daily and posting a daily picture. But, I've done it before and I can do it again.

I understand this is a first-world problem. However, we are so dependent upon technology--the latest technology and the technology working correctly.

So far on this blog post, it hasn't shut down. Another day done.

No comments:

Post a Comment