Monday, July 31, 2023

Facing An Uncertain Future...I'll Still Root For My Team


 If you follow college athletics--especially, football--there's been a lot of chatter out there about the future of several NCAA conferences...

Especially, the conference formally known as the Pac-12.

No matter what happens, things will never be the same again.

It's strange. It seems like a year or two has passed when news broke that my beloved Utah Utes would be moving to the newly expanded Pac-12. I didn't realize just how impactful that would be on the Utah brand across the country. Of course, that impact would not have existed had the school just accepted their promotion and sat back on their laurels. 

Nope.

They kicked butt.

Utah became a force, a place where other programs knew a win over the Utes meant something. I've followed the school athletics since I attended the U back in the 1980s, but the last decade was my most fun.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the next couple of days and weeks. I hope whatever happens the Utah teams will continue their push for excellence and scholarship. Am I a little nervous? Sure. I'm betting the best days for the school are not behind, but ahead.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment