Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dr...Who Are You?

 *

Last month an event came to a theater near me, Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor. My daughter's friend just had to go and when she invited my daughter to go with her, my daughter enthusiastically said, "YES!"


Turns out my oldest son wanted to go as well. And I thought, what the heck--I'll join the party. That way I could bring them all home. Did I mention that the show began at 10 at night?


I know many people are Doctor Who fanatics. I consider myself a Whovian-in-training. Maybe one day I'll be considered an expert. I only have 50 years worth of homework to watch. I'm mostly familiar with the last two doctors. Of course, production value has helped immensely. I don't know who the new doctor is, but I'm guessing by the end of his run, I'll probably know him the best.


The night of the show the theater was about half full and several of the patrons were dressed in various stages of Who fashion. As for our carload, we did not dress up.


I don't see a lot of movies in the theater. When it comes to films, I've learned the art of patience. A majority of the "new" films I see come from Redbox, or Netflix. But, for a day in November I ponied up the bucks and enjoyed a pretty good show--in 3D no less--with a couple of my kids. Who's the doctor? Someone with a lot of fans.

* Photo used without permission from: http://www.dtcinemas.co.nz/movies/8200.php

No comments:

Post a Comment