Tuesday, January 13, 2015

J. Scott Savage's "Making The Team,"...Book 2 Of The Case File 13 Series

Case File 13 #2: Making the Team*

Something about J. Scott Savage's Case File 13 series takes me back to my Jr. High School Days.

And that's not necessarily a good thing.

But, it's not bad either. What I mean is, Savage understands his audience. I won't go so far as to say that his mind thinks like a middle grader, but I have conversed with the author several times and...well, let's just leave it at that.

Making The Team is the second book in the Case File 13 series. In the first book (my review of that book can be found: HERE), we are introduced to a trio of gore-loving, mystery-solving, horror-investigating friends as they battle bullies, avoid girls and learn more than they ever wanted to know about zombies.

This time, the stakes are higher, so much so, they team up with a trio of...(gasp) girls in order to solve the mystery. Savage's characters are pretty fearless, if you think about kids breaking into schools and confronting the undead. The story follows a predictable pattern but, like the first, it's fun and safe for middle grade readers as well as their parents. I think this would be a fun book to read to your kids.

There's a third book in the series and hopefully I'll be getting to that soon. Earlier I kidded about J. Scott Savage's state of mind. If you've meet him, you'll understand. He has a kind of energy, especially when he talks about his books. Writing in this genre fits him like a glove.

* Photo used without permission from: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17349145-case-file-13-2?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment