Saturday, January 3, 2015

Little Drone...Big Possibilities


Drones...they're all the rage. From little personal ones to ones governments use to spy on and kill people, they're everywhere. Companies are even considering using them to deliver pizzas and even medicine to people in remote areas.

They have and will change the way we live.


For me at Christmas my wife gave me one of the cheaper drone models and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing!

Of course, on Christmas morning there wasn't a lot of room to practice my flying skills (which, unfortunately, are not good...). With the Christmas tree and all the trimmings, launching the drone was risky at best. Plus, I had to deal with a mini SD card that wouldn't format.

Fast forward a few days. We took down the tree and I formatted the card and I was set to try and get the thing in the air and start taking pictures and videos. The camera aspect on the drone was one of the coolest parts for me. Maybe, if/when I become proficient, I'll incorporate the footage into my video projects.


Today, however, I got a chance to really test out the thing. We went over to my in-laws for brunch and they have a very large living room/dining room/kitchen area that was perfect for novice drone operators. I was able to get the video working (not a bad picture considering the cost of the thing...), but I'm still working on the stills.

Yes, I'm converted and if I had the means, I'd invest in some serious drones. My mind races thinking of all the cool things I could do with the proper equipment. But, rest assured, I will use my drove powers for good, instead of evil.


Oh, and the darn thing is pretty sturdy, which is good, considering my flying skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment